Well, well, well! What’s this?! Another award?
Absolutely and incredibly flattered am I! (And utterly surprised!)
Never in a scrillion years would I have ever expected anything good (or at the very least, non-deviant) to come from this blogging business I’ve gotten myself into, and yet here we are. Stunning, to say the least!
This award, the One Lovely Blog Award, comes courtesy of none other than Amy Whelan, a Twitter friend, fellow blogger, wife of that wonderful writer Jeff Whelan, and known everywhere as the Youthful Yogini! Thanks so much, Amy. I consider it an honor and a privilege to share your links with my readers:
And now, as for the responsibilities that accompany this prestigious prize:
- I am to share the links of the person who honored me with this award (which I did).
- I am to nominate 15 more lovely blogs for this same honor. (See below.)
- I am to relate 7 things about myself. (Proceed to the bottom of this posting at your own risk!)
My nominees/winners are an eclectic mix of seasoned bloggers and rookies alike and as such, my recognition of their efforts is intended to be both appreciative and encouraging. In no particular order, they are as follows:
Carmen DeSousa http://www.carmendesousa.com/
Hemmie Martin at http://hemmie-writing.blogspot.com/
Reine Ackerman at http://little-human-being.blogspot.com/
Martha Bourke at http://www.marthabourke.blogspot.com/
Sher A Hart at http://sherahart.blogspot.com/
Carole Gill at http://carolegillofficialauthor.blogspot.com/
Jan Romes at http://www.jantheromancewriter.blogspot.com/
M. G. Edwards at http://worldadventurers.wordpress.com/
C.R. Hiatt at http://mcswainandbeck.com/
Jimelle Salyers at http://www.kindle-kandy.com/
Thomas McDermott at http://thomasmcdermottimmortalbeauty.com/
Stephen Jennison-Smith at http://stephenjennisonsmith.blogspot.com/
Jane Isaac at http://www.janeisaac.co.uk/blog/
G. A. Albrethsen at http://gaalbrethsen.com/
Peggy A. Edelheit at http://samanthajamison.com/
Woo-hooooo! Congratulations, winners!
And now we come to the final obligation that accompanies this prestigious award. Here I offer you seven things about me:
- I am truly and utterly fascinated with leg-extension surgery, but have no idea why. (Although this article is incredibly fascinating as well as factual since I found it on the Internet: http://goo.gl/Wxn59)
- I find cat kisses excruciatingly gratifying.
- I am oddly at peace with the notion there are more chickens in the world than people. (http://goo.gl/iUsHT)
- I am in absolute awe of the three-toed sloth, and here’s why (the first couple of sentences are reason enough): http://goo.gl/Y1JbW
- I have so far been unsuccessful at sneezing with my eyes open, but remain unshakably optimistic and practice regularly.
- I love the beach, but am terrified of sand fleas. (Here’s why: http://sandfleas.org/)
- I sincerely believe that with fewer sand fleas in the world, but more cats, sloths, and chickens, we truly can achieve successful leg extensions while sneezing with our eyes wide open. Oh! And world peace, of course. (Goes without saying, really, eh?)
So there, now! Having fulfilled my obligations as a recipient of this most humbling and honorable One Lovely Blog Award, I would once more like to thank Amy Whelan for bestowing it upon me. I will display the badge proudly.